Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The dates of Sept. 10, 12, 14:

Monday, 9/10: Pretty much we did a recap of the alliance meeting from Friday and made some decisions about the big regional meeting in November. Ft Wayne Indiana is the location, and I will be attending from Nov 8-10. This is pretty sweet, because a) I will only be missing classes 1 day of the trip, which is really good considering how hard it is to schedule a trip during the school year. I officially have a Mac3TV shirt, a desk (kind of, it's half a desk in the reception area) and we're going to get a Mac laptop set up for me to travel about with. I did get to spend about a half hour of the 3 hours I worked this morning on the phone, which doesn't sound exciting but it was all about networking for the station and just improving my phone skills. I felt rather accomplished.Homework: find a list of the nonprofit organizations (NPOs) operating within Gratiot county.

Wednesday, 9/12: Characterized by Chai tea and collecting materials to work on the new promotional campaign. This is planned to be consortium-wide and should span to include the government councils as well as NPOs and individual citizens. There's now a folder with a nice stack of information, which is good because having a stack of papers usually means progress. Still no progress on my homework wtih that list though, because between classes and Bob Evans I didn't really know where to start my search. I've got a few ideas though, and Thursday is the day set aside to really start making some progress with this matter, because this seems like it could be either really easy or really hard.

Friday, 9/14: Turns out the list of NPOs was really easy to obtain. I had asked Tracy in the mail room at Alma where she thought I could get a list, and she said maybe try the County Clerk's office. So I called down to Ithaca where the Clerk's office is, and they directed me to the Chamber of Commerce. Sure enough, I called there and asked where I could get a list, and the lady was like "well I can fax it to you if you want." However, since I don't have a fax machine on campus here I instead went downtown to pick up the list, which was 6 pages or so. I sure did feel accomplished. I gave the list to Jan when we met at the Alma studio Friday afternoon. I got to help TJ hang some lights for the studio "stage" and clean the place up a bit. It's in some serious need of renovation, even though they just recently put a lot of money into it. The place is kind of scary, with spiders and other gross things everywhere, but I guess it's way better than it was before. And with a little more work, it will be even better!


A running total of hours so far:
9/5 3 hours (9am-12pm)
9/7 11 hours (9 am-8pm)
9/10 3 hours (9am-12pm)
9/12 3 hours (9am-12pm)
9/13 1/2 hour (12:30pm-1pm)
9/14 2 hours (1:30pm-3:30pm)

22.5 hours total!

No comments: