Wednesday, September 26, 2007

9/21/2007

The first hour and a half, TJ and I worked on editing the video for the Pere Marquette District Library Grand Opening in Clare. Let me tell you, not only am I learning how to do the editing, we made it hilarious. Actually, we made two different versions of the video, because one was the promo-use version and the other was the humor version. We had the "ceremonial bearded lady" and the "attack of the birds" all included with some fancy text. Work isn't all fun and games here, but sometimes we get a kick of out what we're doing, which is excellent because it makes coming to work so much more fun than any other job I've had. Learning doesn't seem like such work. Jan liked both versions of the video, and although we can't play the humor version on TV, just out of respect for the nature of the ceremony, we are keeping it around the studio. Maybe I'll save the file(s) somewhere as proof that I'm actually able to learn and work the program.

Lori came to the station today and to celebrate the official addition to our group, we went out to get pizza for lunch. I love lunch, especially pizza, and so we got to walk down the street a little ways to one of the downtown pizza places. We're excited aout having Lori here to work with us, because I guess she has a PhD in broadcast arts. This means that she will be able to take interns herself, which is an exciting improvement to our Gratiot situation. With the ability to have interns at the Gratiot studio- in downtown Alma- this will open up a lot of opportunities to Alma students who may not have the means to travel to Mt. Pleasant frequently for an internship. This is very lucky for everyone really. After lunch we went to the Gratiot studio for a few hours to do some more cleaning and refurbishing of the studio. It's really makng progress down there- last time I went, TJ and I set up the lighting system. This time we were starting to set up the master control station for the video shoots, but we found that most of the equipment is really old and bad, and so we will be ordering more for that. We got about half of the equipment set up though, and so that's good progress considering the situation it was in before.

Also very lucky- I was given a key to the station today! I'm very excited about this, because it means that I've been given responsibility and I'm valued enough to have access to the station even when others may not be here yet! WOO HOO! And, this way when my parents come up to visit on Saturday I'll be able to give them a tour of the studio even though we're not open on the weekends...!

No comments: