Friday, October 26, 2007

THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES!

Friday 10/19 (9 hours): I took the GRE this morning, and it wasn't that fun but I did survive so it could have been worse.

In the afternoon I hung out at the station for a while, and then we all headed down to Alma for the big show. It was fun because we had dinner at the Main Cafe downtown, and with all 5 of us (Jan, TJ, myself, Will (a volunteer who rocks) and Tim (my boyfriend who is now volunteering as well) dressed up in our MAC3TV shirts we looked real slick. The show itself went really good as well, I had my first experience duct-taping the cables to the floor (so no one trips or knocks the camera over), setting up the tripod and camera, and actually doing some taping aside from the caterpillar. I was in charge of one of the wide-angle cameras up in the projection booth, which was good because a) there were 2 of us, so if I messed mine up there was a backup, and b) it was easier to follow the action from a distance than it is to follow it up close. When we actually watch these tapes and start editing them I think there will be some commentary on what I did well/could have improved on while taping, but overall it went pretty good. I'm really excited that I actually got to tape something, because I'm getting more responsibilities around the station and a lot of hands-on experience. Sometime in the next few weeks Dr. Gilbert is going to come up to the station and help with the editing process so she can have a copy of the show for herself, and make sure that we're getting the important parts in the final copy. It's going to be a good time, and when it's finished I'm going to include a copy in my final portfolio as an example of my work.

No comments: